Treatment, Benefits & Results
Neuromodulators are non-surgical procedures that typically take about 20 minutes to complete. Results will appear within days and typically last 3–4 months. This treatment is not designed to drastically modify your facial structure, you will still be able to make the facial expressions that make you you.
Before having neuromodulator treatment, you can expect to have a comprehensive consultation that includes:
- A patient questionnaire
- Information about neuromodulators and fillers
- A physical examination
- A full discussion about your health history and treatment options
Please note that you will not be able to have neuromodulator treatment if you are pregnant, have neuro-muscular disorder, or if you are taking medications like tetracycline or any aminoglycoside antibiotic.
Here’s what to expect following your treatment:
- The purified protein will work its way into your treated muscles, resulting in changes you can see and feel in about 3 days
- You may experience swelling, redness, pain, itching discoloration, and tenderness in the treated areas for a couple of hours
- Exercise the treated area, like raising your eyebrows and frowning, for 1 hour
- For 3 hours, please remain upright and do not rub the treated area
- Please refrain from strenuous activity throughout the day after the treatment, including exercising, using hot tubs and saunas, and using alcohol
Ensure you are following these recommendations post-treatment:
- For the first hour, contract the injected muscles. This will allow the product to spread properly through the area.
- Avoid high-intensity exercise for 4 hours.
- Do not rub the treated area for 24 hours.
- A more youthful appearance
- Tightens sagging skin
- Removal or softening of crow’s feet, frown lines and furrows
- Prevention of future wrinkles
- No recovery time
The use of neuromodulators may not be for you if:
- You are pregnant or nursing
- You are suffering from myasthenia gravis
- You have been diagnosed with a muscle disease(s)
Make sure you share with us your medical history before treatment.